ASB Frequently asked questions

  1. Kids keep playing football against my fence, what can I do?
    Call the service centre on 0115 9152020 and speak to one of the team who will task a Community Protection Officer to visit you and discuss your options.

  2. What if I don’t want to talk to the police, who can I talk to?
    You can speak to your local Community Protection Officer, who is employed by the Council. Please click here to find out who your local Community Protection Officers are. You can also call Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 and give information anonymously.

  3. I have a feeling that drugs are being dealt at the house opposite mine. What can I do?
    It’s important that we work together to tackle criminal behaviour, so that we can make your area a safer place to live and work. Please contact your Neighbourhood Police Team or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

  4. If I report something do I have to give my name?
    No, you can report anonymously.

  5. There is a big fly tip at the end of my road. It looks horrible, what can I do?
    Let us know where it is! Contact the Service Centre on 0115 9152020 who will task the cleansing team to come and remove it.

  6. Large groups of kids hang around at my local shop and scare me, what can I do?
    If you are being intimidated, this is antisocial behaviour and our neighbourhood teams are here to help. Contact the Service Centre who will talk you through the best course of action.

  7. My neighbours make noise late into the night and they haven’t listened to my requests to keep the noise down. What else can I do?
    Excessive and unreasonable noise can make someone's life a misery. To receive advice and support from your local beat team, call the Service Centre.


Last updated: 13/04/2018 at 10:50 GMT