Are you the face of Community Protection?
As a Community Protection Officer, you will perform a unique and innovative role.
You will build strong links with your communities and deal with local issues at a local level, allowing your police colleagues to deal with more high risk and complex policing issues. Your neighbourhoods will know you and you will know them. Essentially you are part of the community.
As a CPO each day is different to the one before. This isn't a desk job; you will spend 85% of your time out on the streets ensuring you are visible and proactively interacting with the community.
So, do you have the qualities we need?
- A professional, calm and positive manner
- An ability to be sensitive but remain objective
- Effective communication and listening skills
- A flexible and responsive attitude
- The confidence to tackle inappropriate behaviours
- The ability to work in a team, but equally under your own initiative
- The skills to deal with people from different religious and social backgrounds, social groups, ages and levels of education
- Good written skills and attention to detail
- An understanding of the confidential nature of your work
What are the benefits?
As a full-time CPO you will benefit from a salary of around £20,253 and opportunities for progression within the Community Protection Service.
As a Nottingham City Council employee you will also benefit from a minimum of 20 days leave per year in addition to bank holidays. You can also take advantage of the Green Travel 2 Work Scheme, Cycle 2 Work Scheme, childcare vouchers and various staff discounts.
To view all benefits visit the Nottingham City Council website
To view our current vacancies click here or contact us on 0115 876 3555 for more details.